Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bathroom nightmare

Christmas was wonderful and lots of fun. Mason is the only one left who believes in Santa and was in bed by 9:00. He said that he was going to stay up all night and try to catch Santa so he could give him a big gut squeezer. I checked and he was snoring by 9:30. He even made a special batch of oats mixed with glitter for Santa's reindeer, especially Rodolph. We sprinkled it on the front lawn, well we tried to sprinkle it on the lawn but the wonderful wind took most of it to where ever the wind takes things, but I told him it was his thoughtfulness that counted. He is such a sweet heart.

It is now day 6 of the bathroom project and surprise there are many unpleasantness's to deal with. Josh is doing a good job but every day he comes out of the bathroom scratching his head and saying, I have encountered another hitch. In the beginning of the project he said, "We will be showering in 3 days baby." Now he refuses to give me an ETA on when it will be finished. I can see the skeleton of my bathroom and I don't think it drank it's milk because it's bones need some serious help. I think the last time the bathroom was upgraded was probably in the early 80's. It is quite an undertaking, but I have faith that my husband will do a good job and have us up and running again sometime in 2009. Perhaps the men in our family will take pity on us and come help your favorite brother in law and or son. Hint Hint George and Dave. I know its a reach but I had to put it out there for debate. I will keep you posted on our progress.

I hope all of you have a great 2009. May this year be the best one yet.

1 comment:

Julie Owens said...

Just out of curiousity, what are you doing to your bathroom? And at the risk of being indelicate, what are you doing in the meantime?