Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Party.

Peyton had her 9th Birthday party on Saturday. We had 5 nine year old girls stay the night, it was a very long night full of scary stories, shrill laughs, and little girl arguments. I was exhausted by Sunday Morning. I took them all skating Saturday night, that was also the longest 2 hours of my life. She had a lot of fun and Josh and I decided to get her a Ginni Pig for her birthday. That was all she asked for and really wanted, so we gave in. It was a little white thing with red eyes. She named it Princess. I am speaking of it in past tense because after 2 days of having it as a pet, Peyton accidental left it on her bed Sunday night and fell asleep with it on her bed. Monday morning I awoke to a lot of screaming and crying. The cat had been let in by a mysterious culprit, and needless to say he had a tasty breakfast of Ginni pig delight. The poor Ginni pig was beyond help by the time we got it from Big Kitty. It took it's last breath in Josh's hands, and then went to the great dark beyond, which we call the dumpster. Peyton was heart broken and said she couldn't believe that she murdered her new pet. I told her it would be alright and that she didn't murder it the cat did. I explained that the Kitty thought it was doing her a great service by protecting her from what he thought was an intruder on his girlie's bed. We decided that we would get her a new one within the next few weeks, but if this one suffers a similar fate as the other, than that's it, no more Ginni rats. Peyton said she would name it Princess 2. I knew that getting a new pet would be an adventure however I didn't realize that it would be over so quickly.

2 comments:

Beki said...

I am so sad for Peyton's rat. I hope she is feeling better. Those critters never last long, I think.

Sibyl said...

We had a hamster that lasted like two years. That is a LONG TIME for a pet rodent. We were so ready to be done with Ginger and her loud nocturnal wheel-running.