Monday, February 16, 2009

When Did I get old?

I have not blogged in a while. The school thing has kept me very busy and the kids have kept me frazzled. On top of it all my hair has skipped over gray and went straight to white. What I can't understand is if I'm old enough to have white roots why am I still getting pimples on top of wrinkles? Life is not fair, and I don't like this whole getting old thing. To add insult to injury, last week I was up at the college taking a test for my problem solving class, which I know went totally bad and when I was done I took the elevator because I had on some boots that were not made to walk up 5 flights of stairs. There was a 19 year old boy in there and he started apologizing for being in the elevator because he was too lazy to walk up the stairs. I said You don't have to explain your self to me and he said I know but I feel bad for riding the elevator because I'm young and in good shape. I was thinking what is that suppose to mean, I guess on top of being young and in shape he was also mentally challenged. Some people, they just have no common sense or a social filter. I wish I could go around saying everything I'm thinking and offending people left and right. Wouldn't that be nice? I don't mean to sound negative but for real this getting old thing is no fun, but I know that some time I have to come to terms with it. However I feel that its totally normal to have a transition period where I can morn the death of my youth, before I can celebrate wrinkles, fat, and white hair.

On a more positive note Josh and I just celebrated our 7th Anniversary. We were a little broke so we didn't get to do too much. Beki took all three kids for 3 days, Thank You Beki. So we got to be alone and we got to enjoy each others company. It was nice to have some alone time and to be able to have a conversation without the constant Mom or Dad in the back ground. We came to the consensus that we are happy, and still in love after all this time. My wrinkles and white hair don't bother Josh one bit, I guess hes a keeper.

No comments: