Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day Of School








What a whirl wind morning we had. Mason was up at 6:30 running around the house with his new shoes that I would not let him wear until today. He kept saying I'm so excited, I've been waiting for this day for a long time. Jayden was ambivalent, and careful not to show too much emotion about his excitement for school. I think somewhere deep down inside he was excited to be an 8th grader. Peyton was excited also. She was totally diva-fied for her first day. She was all decked out in her Hanna Montana gear and looking sweet as ever. I could still see her devil horns holding up her halo though. It is a bitter sweet day for me however. As I walked into school with Mason to find where his back pack goes and find his desk, I was holding back the tears. My little buddy who has spent almost every waking hour with me for the past 6 years is now in school full time. Perhaps I am afraid that they are all going to grow up so fast and not need me anymore, perhaps it is the reality that I am getting older too, is what is making my eyes well up with tears. I know one thing for sure though, a new chapter in our lives has begun, and I have a new found freedom with no kids for 8 hours. I'm sure all of my school work will take up that time quickly though. I hope all is well with all of you that are reading this. Take care!!!

No comments: