Friday, July 31, 2009

I did it!

As of today I am now officially a college graduate. I earned my Associates of Applied Science in Management with a minor in Information Technology. I want to thank everyone who has helped me along the way, especially Josh. I could not of done this without his support. I am thankful that he allowed me to stay home with the kids while bettering myself by getting an education. It has been hard on us financially and at times it has taken its tole on our relationship, but now it has all been worth it. Now Im done, and it feels great. I have already sent out 4 resumes and am waiting for some call backs any time now.
I have been going threw some heavy things lately. My emotional state is not so good. I went to a doctor last week and he had diagnosed me with PTSD, or crummy child hood syndrome, as he likes to call it. Also PMDD which is 1000 times wore than PMS, and Anxiety disorder. He put me on some pills that I tried to take but they were not the right fit for me. He also gave me a light dose of Valium which I can take when I feel the anxiety coming on. The Valium is ok, and I can take that but the other stuff made me dizzy, sick and zombiefied. I go back in 6 weeks, hopefully he will find something that works. I just can't live with my emotions all over the place any more.
Josh is going threw something also, I don't know if it's mid-life crisis, or just being unhappy at work, or what. He hasn't been sleeping well, he's just not himself. His B-day is on Sunday, perhaps that's what is going on. I always get a little depressed around my B-Day, I hate getting old. I know that right now financially we are not doing so well. There is nothing worse than the stress from finances. How are we going to do this or pay this or... I have probably already said too much. The kids start school on Aug 17th, way too early if you ask me. I hate to beg in cyber space, but if anyone could help with some school clothes for these kids that would be awesome. Hopefully this will be the last year we will ever be so broke. So please readers of the Owens blog send us your good vibes and keep us in your prayers and best wishes. We so need to be lifted up right now. I know good things will come, we just have to be patient, and find the strength in each other to keep it all together.

1 comment:

The Man said...

Congradulations Nikki, you are the Greatest. You have worked so hard for this achievement. I Love you so much and am so proud of you. Thank you for being there for me and the kids day and night through all the homework and stresses that we bring. P.S. I'm not having a midlife crisis, I just am sick of working for an IDIOT. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. Josh