Friday, October 3, 2008

Fall

Fall is my favorite season. Casper is beautiful this time of year. The town is alive with shades of red, orange, yellow and gold. The Mountain is so pretty right now. I wish I could go up there every day just to soak in all of mother natures splendors. Josh and I are going up to South Dakota next weekend for our annual October fest. Spearfish Canyon is awesome this time of year, and we get to be alone without any children for a few days. That hardly ever happens, so we cherish those moments. We are staying at the haunted Bullock Hotel, I hope we see a ghost. The week after that Josh and his friends are going hunting somewhere in the mountains. For the past 4 years he has gone hunting and has never brought home anything but dirty clothes and a hang over. Maybe this year will be his lucky one. Does anyone have any good recipes for deer? I don't even know how to cook it, and how do you get that awful gamy taste out of it? I'm not big on wild game meat, however I ate mo0se at Beki's before and it was pretty good. I'm sort of looking forward to his hunting trip because my friend Marva is going to come over and stay, and she is going to make her famous 7 layer dip, and won-tons. I will be making Indian fry bread and peanut butter fudge. So we will be pigging out and watching chick-flicks, and getting our gossip fix. Sounds fun to me.
Jayden's football season is over, he did great, especially the last 2 games of the year, he kicked butt, and had a great outlook, and lots of team spirit. Thank you Beki for making it to Jayden's game last weekend. It was good to see you. I'm so happy that Julie will be at Beki's for Thanksgiving this year. It will be nice. Remember, Easter at my house. I hope Sybil and Julie will come again. However this year the Easter bunny's will have to be more sneaky, I think the children busted the egg filling festivities last year.
Stay tuned for all the updates on the Dead Wood trip and our haunted hotel experience.

1 comment:

Julie Owens said...

Mouse? I knew Becky was somewhat of a gourmand, but didn't know she was that exotic in the kitchen.
Yo Mama in law...